Jeff recently joined radio veteran Ed “Flash” Ferenc on America’s Work Force Union Podcast to talk about a recent report by the Network for Public Education, “A Sharp Turn Right: A New Breed of Charter Schools Delivers the Conservative Agenda,” that finds that charter schools that market to families a “classical” or “traditional” approach to schooling are essentially catering to parents and politicians that follow “right-wing ideology.” Listen here at the 31:10 mark.
About The Author
Jeff Bryant is Chief Correspondent and Writing Fellow for Our Schools, an education project of the Independent Media Institute. In his 30 years of experience as a self-employed freelance writer, advocacy journalist, and consultant, Jeff's work has appeared at Salon, Alternet, Raw Story, The Washington Post, and numerous other prominent outlets.
Washington Post: Jeff Bryant Co-Authors Report Finding U.S. Government Wasted $1 Billion on Charter Schools
March 25, 2019
Jeff Bryant On The Thom Hartmann Show: Betsy Devos’ Charter School Scam Already Wasted A Billion Dollars!
April 9, 2019
Jeff Bryant on The Rick Smith Show: ‘Parents Don’t Want School Choice, They Want a Guarantee of a Good School’
April 24, 2019
- Why Some Schools Are a Step Ahead in Addressing Student Mental Health Needs
- Why Society Is Increasingly Turning to Community Schools to Address the Youth Mental Health Crisis
- What the NY Times Got Wrong About a Key Party Switch in North Carolina
- Jeff Bryant on America’s Work Force Union Podcast: A Threat to Upend Public Education
- Jeff Bryant on the Rick Smith Show: “Public Schools Are Foundational to Democracy”